Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mini Vacation


Things have been a tad stressful lately.  It doesn't help that we have fall like weather going on and making it seem that summer has yet to come.  Okay, it did for maybe a week but, not enough to make it really seem like summer is here.  To top it off - on our way home from a Father's Day get together with my husbands parents we hit a deer on a major highway going close to 70mph.  I should say the deer hit us because it seriously came out of no where.  I just thank the good Lord that we are all okay.

I really have to sit back and count my blessing because I know I do not have it bad at all.  It's just the times you wish you could make things happen this way or have a more solid grounding with the way things are and will be.

We are heading to a lake cabin where my family has gone to since the late 70's.  There are so many great memories made there and I cannot wait to be there this weekend for a few days with the family.  It has been one of those traditions that we look forward to every year.  I just never want it to end! 

Vacations are the cure no matter how small. This one couldn't have come at a better time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment