Friday, May 8, 2009

Changes

For the last few months I've been going back and forth with the idea of a change. The change is good I think. I've felt like I've had a lot on my plate with doing a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Madlu Designs has been wonderful and I've meet a lot of amazing people!!! My customers and my repeat customers have been so great to work with. When I started to sell on Etsy 9 months ago I didn't realize on how busy I had gotten. At times along with freelancing and working on Etsy designs I felt my time wasn't spent enjoying it with my children. They mean the world to me and I know the time with them being little will soon be gone. Soooo...I'm deciding to narrow my designs down to just things that are geared towards children, related children design themes and printed goods. I'm excited about this and yet a little nervous but, I felt that same way 9 months ago and all was good!

So for the next chapter I welcome you to Winks & Daisies. What is behind the name? I actually owe the change to my children especially my 4 year old son. This past winter was a looooong one. Lasting about 6 months - gotta love the Wisconsin weather! There was a beautiful day in March and I was running some errands with my children. The sun was just peaking out behind the clouds and my son caught the first glimpse of the sun and said, "Mom...the sun just winked at me!" Oh...my heart just melted and I think I had a smile on my face the whole day. Since then when I catch the first days sunlight I know the sun is winking. ;) Daisies is from my daughter who will be 3 next month. She is all girl...loves to dress up, play with her stuffed animals and has a lipgloss fetish. I sometimes call her "My pretty flower". So alias the name Winks & Daisies. I will be closing my Madlu Designs Etsy store in the next week and opening my new store Winks & Daisies. Anyone that has any baby announcements, birthday invitations or printed note cards saved as their favorites these items will appear in my new store.

Oh...and this blog is for all things I love about my family and design.

No comments:

Post a Comment